The Gates Farm Bridge used to stand within an eye shot of the Cambridge Village Bridge before a new bypass road was built in 1950, that saw the latter bridge moved 50 odd miles to the Shelburne Museum and the Gates Farm bridge moved 150 yards off a public highway and onto a farm track across the Seymour River.
Contributions from viewers help keep our archives alive.